FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We appreciate your interest in the 2020 Airport Experience® Conference. Below you will find answers to some frequently asked questions. Don't see the answer you need? Please reach out to us - we're happy to help!
- For general attendee questions, please contact us at [email protected].
- For current or potential exhibitor questions, please contact us at [email protected].
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN DENVER!
What's Included with my registration?
Your registration experience includes the following items:
- Breakfast: Monday - Wednesday
- Lunch: Tuesday - Wednesday
- Monday Opening Night Reception
- Tuesday Experience Hall Happy Hour
- Airport Tour (optional) - Please opt-in in order to attend this event when you submit your registration. Attendance for this event is limited
- Awards Dinner - Awards Dinner is included with Early Bird registration only. If you register after November 16th, there will be an additional $150 charge per attendee. If you are planning to attend this event, please opt-in at the time of registration, attendance for this event is limited
Who will I meet at the Airport Experience® Conference?
The Airport Experience® Conference provides a multitude of networking opportunities to connect with a highly-coveted audience, comprised of hard-to-reach airport decision-makers and food and retail executive
What type of clothing should I wear to the conference?
We encourage attendees to wear business-casual attire during the day and cocktail attire for evening events, such as the Opening Night Reception and the Awards Dinner.
How long is the Experience Hall open?
Monday: 6:00PM - 8:00PM
Tuesday: 8:00AM - 6:00PM
Wednesday: 8:00AM - 2:00PM
What should I expect from the Opening Night Reception?
The Opening Night Reception is the must-attend, high-energy kickoff of the conference. It is a premier networking opportunity and a chance to experience the offerings of exhibitors and sponsors.
How do I participate in the Schmooze Sessions?
The Schmooze Sessions are brief, speed dating-like meetings where attendees have a great opportunity to meet face-to-face with participating airport representatives, developers, and food and retail operators. To qualify to participate in the Schmooze Sessions, you must already be a registered conference attendee. Those who have registered will receive an email invitation to participate in the Schmooze Sessions with the date and time when the selection process will go live.
How do I order items for my exhibit space such as carpet, tables, chairs, electricity, etc.?
As a registered exhibitor you should have received an exhibitor kit from John Halverson at US Tradeshows. This manual contains all of the information you need to order these items directly from US Tradeshows, as well as need-to-know information on the conference & exhibition. To contact John Halverson directly, please email [email protected].
When is move-in/move-out for the Airport Experience® Conference?
Move in is Monday March 2nd at 8am and move out is Wednesday March 4th at 2pm.
How long will it take me to set up my booth?
While it varies based on the complexity of your booth/exhibit-space layout, we recommend that you allow yourself ample time to set up your space. ALL booths must be ready for the show by 5:00PM on Monday evening. Any booths not yet set up will incur forced labor costs by AX and US Tradeshows, in order to finish the installation.
Do I need to be at my booth the entire time the Experience Hall is open?
While we encourage all exhibitors to continuously have their booths manned, there are peak hours during which we suggest your booths be appropriately staffed and there will be optimal periods to sample. If you are sampling or serving food and/or drink:
- Monday: During the Opening Night Reception
- Tuesday: During breakfast, lunch, breaks, and the Experience Hall Happy Hour
- Wednesday: During breakfast, lunch, and breaks
When is booth tear-down?
Booth tear-down begins on Wednesday afternoon at 2:00PM. Due to the continuous flow of attendees and business being conducted on the show floor, early teardowns are strictly prohibited and subject to fines.
What are some suggestions for having a productive conference?
Engage, engage, engage. Speak to as many airports and operators as you come across, regardless of whether you feel they are someone you would be interested in partnering with. The airport food and retail industry is a very close-knit community. You never know when or where an introduction will be made or an opportunity will be revealed.
As an exhibitor, sample or raffle. If you are a food concept, sample your product or showcase its preparation. Collect business cards to do a prize drawing and work with us to announce winners in the Experience Hall.
I loved the conference, how do I sign up early for the 2021 show?
We offer an exclusive early-bird exhibitor rate to those that sign up for the conference early and pay the 50% deposit by April 15, 2020. To secure your booth space, please stop by the 2021 show office during office hours and secure your participation with our business development team.
I have concerns about the latest outbreak of coronavirus in China, where can I find more information?
The Airport Experience® Conference continues to monitor the coronavirus/COVID-19 situation closely. Ensuring the safety of all exhibitors and visitors to our events is our top priority, and we will keep all attendees fully informed of any developments.
There are no attendees to the Airport Experience® Conference registered from China or Hong Kong. Nevertheless, as an added precaution, we have implemented a number of additional safety measures:
- Increased cleaning and disinfection across all high-volume touchpoints.
- Availability of sanitizing and disinfection materials for public use.
- Onsite medical support.
- Awareness and training to all staff on standard personal preventative measures.
- Awareness via online and onsite info-share and signage containing hygiene recommendations.
- Microphone and glass disinfecting and change protocol for all speaker sessions.
Meanwhile, we strongly recommend you follow your own country’s advice on travel before starting your journey to the Airport Experience® Conference.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch through your Exhibitor Services Manager.